Our Patiently Waiting kitties are seeking patient and loving placement where they can continue to receive extra love, attention and patience. Although there histories are not completely known there spirits remain unbroken and want to love and trust they just need a chance and that is where you can help. Fosters/adoptive families often find that in helping a special needs animal that the animal brings so much happiness and joy to their families because they are forever grateful to have had the chance to feel loved again. Meet some of our Special Needs/Senior cats. If you are interested in fostering and can provide a loving environment, we will provide all medical requirements and all supplies (food, litter, etc. upon request). Please help us make a difference in the lives of many who need our help and support!
Why Senior Cats Rule!
- When senior cats are adopted, they seem to understand that they’ve been rescued, and are all the more thankful for it.
- A senior cat’s personality has already developed, so you’ll know if he or she is a good fit for your family.
- You can teach an old cat new tricks, just requires patience and dedication and lots of love. Senior cats have the attention span and impulse control that makes them easier to train than their youthful counterparts.
- A senior cat may very well already know basic household etiquette (like not attacking your feet at night) anyway!
- In particular, senior cats are often already litter trained and are less likely to “forget” where the box is.
- A senior cat won’t grow any larger, so you’ll know exactly how much cat you’re getting.
- Senior cats are often content to just relax in your company, unlike younger cats, who may get into mischief because they’re bored.
- Speaking of relaxing, senior cats make great napping buddies.
- Senior cats often know that scratching posts (not furniture) are for scratching and toys (not hands or feet) are for biting.
Female - Domestic Medium Hair - 4 yrs old
Meet Amber! Amber was part of a TNR project we were working on. Amber is a curious 4 year old kitty that will require time and patience allowing her to adjust to the changes around her. Amber is currently in foster care and enjoys being pet and even sleeps with her foster mom. She is not fond of being picked up but is affectionate in accepting pets and being next to her human. If you are interested in getting to know more about Amber contact us by email at email@example.com
Don't judge a book by it's cover.....with love and patience a beautiful bond can grow!
Female - Domestic Long Hair - Senior